Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ROYAL PIER AND PAVILION, ABERYSTWYTH

Manylion y Safle



NPRN 34175

Cyfeirnod Map SN58SE

Cyfeirnod Grid SN5811081803

Awdurdod Lleol Ceredigion 

Hen Sir Ceredigion

Cymuned Aberystwyth

Math o Safle PIER PLESER

Dosbarth Cyffredinol ARFOROL, HAMDDEN

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Aberystwyth Pier, originally 244m long, was built by Eugenius Birch of London in 1865 and consists of cast-iron piles concreted into the rock, with cast-iron columns braced by wrought iron rods. The pier was damaged by a storm in 1866 and rebuilt in 1872. A pavilion and substructure were added by G. Croydon Marks of London in 1896 at the instigation of the Aberystwyth Improvement Company. The pier was truncated to its present length of 91m in 1938 by storm damage.

RCAHMW, 30 July 2008.

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Adnoddau Ar-lein