Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CENARTH WAR MEMORIAL

Site Details



NPRN 419589

Map Reference SN24SE

Grid Reference SN27034147

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community Cenarth

Type of Site WAR MEMORIAL

Broad Class COMMEMORATIVE

Period 20th Century

Site Description A village roadside war memorial located in a garden setting on the east side of the A484 below St Llawddog’s Church.
It takes the form of a rusticated granite pillar Celtic cross set on a rounded granite block with a stepped concrete plinth, two steps up. Polished panels at the west base of the pillar and on the block below it commemorate, in lead inlay, the fallen of the First World War and the Second World War. Below, there is a further inscription on the upper tier of the base on the south-east side of which is attached a brass plate with the engraved names of aircrew killed in a nearby crash in 1944. The memorial is surrounded by a low wall.

David Leighton, RCAHMW, 29 November 2013

Digital Images

Archive Records