Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Brynkinalt;brynkinallt Hall;bryncunallt, Chirk

Loading Map
NPRN26866
Cyfeirnod MapSJ33NW
Cyfeirnod GridSJ3030137868
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Wrecsam
Hen SirSir Ddinbych
CymunedChirk
Math O Safle
CyfnodÔl-Ganoloesol
Disgrifiad
Members of the Trevor family have lived on the site of Brynkinallt since the year 942. The earliest building to survive on the site today dates back to 1612 and is said to have been a design of Inigo Jones. As a result of major extensions carried out from 1808 by the second Viscount Dungannon to the design, according to an inscription at the rear, of the Countess Charlotte, this 1612 building now forms the central portion of the present brick built hall. The additions of 1808 include the single-storey wings on either side of the south front, which were further lengthened to include a billiard room and conservatory on either side. Two conservatories, now gone, were inserted into the south front between the cross wings. The west front was extended northwards to include an extensive service wing. All the extensions were castellated and the entire building was stuccoed. Work began in 1928 and stopped during the war to be taken up again in the 1950's to reduce or remove the nineteenth century additions: the stucco was removed, except at the end of the east wing, and the large service wing which housed the kitchen at the rear was demolished except for the outer range which remains.

Brynkinallt consists of two principal floors with recessed bays, forward wings and a central porch. The doorway is has a Gothic pointed arch with a studded oak door and crest over, set below a label mould which rises to a string which extends between floors completely around the front elevation. The windows are ogee-moulded behind a chamfered surround, mullioned and transomed: 5-light to the porch chamber, 4-light to the ground floor of the wings, 3-light above and 3-light without transoms to the attics.

The interior is largely in a heavy Classical style. Of specific interest is a fine marble seventeenth century chimneypiece with a heraldic over-mantel with carvings. There is a great stair hall of 1808, with a gallery, Tuscan columns and a central domed roof light.

Source: Cadw Listed Buildings database record number 599.
E Hubbard, Clwyd, Buildings of Wales series, 1986, pp112-113.
C.N. Hurdsman, A History of the Parish of Chirk, 1996, Chapter 3, pp63-69.

RCAHMW, 12 February 2008