Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Wharf House, Brecknock And Abergavenny Canal, Llanfoist

Loading Map
NPRN34979
Cyfeirnod MapSO21SE
Cyfeirnod GridSO2846712991
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Monmouthshire
Hen SirSir Fynwy
CymunedLlanfoist Fawr
Math O Safle
CyfnodÔl-Ganoloesol
Disgrifiad
Llanfoist Wharf, on the Brecknock & Abergavenny Canal, is a wharf and wharfmasters house with a warehouse, constructed by Hills of Blaenavon Ironworks, circa 1817-19. The Wharfinger's house, which includes the former wheel house at the lower end of Hill's Tramroad (NPRN 85860), was recorded as being in use on 19 October 1995. The wharf is fed by a steep chain-worked incline bringing Hill's Tramroad down from the Blorenge. There is an overbridge carrying Hill's Tramroad over the canal, down a further incline to link with the Llanfihangel Tramroad. The winding hole on the canal, was built illegally by Hills.

The site is now known as Boathouse Cottage. It is a three-storey, two-window house of whitened rubble stone, with a slate roof and brick end stacks. There are segmental-headed windows in the lower storey with six pane late nineteenth century sash windows. The upper storey windows have been enlarged or renewed.

RCAHMW, 14 July 2011.

Sources:
A Guide to the Industrial Archaeology of South East Wales, AIA, 2003
Site visited by B.A.Malaws, 19 October 1995
R Hayman, Hayman & Horton, 10/2/2003