Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST LLONIO'S CHURCH, LLANDINAM

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 406447

Cyfeirnod Map SO08NW

Cyfeirnod Grid SO02598855

Awdurdod Lleol Powys 

Hen Sir Trefaldwyn

Cymuned Llandinam

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle St Llonio’s church is located in the village of Llandinam, five miles to the south west of Newtown.

Initially, the church was a clas structure with its western tower containing a pyramidal slate roof over a timber belfry, dating from the 13th Century. The majority of St Llonio's was rebuilt in the 19th Century, coinciding with the restoration. There are still examples of the church's original features, most notably the northern wall of the chancel.

Wooden reredos, two old tomb recesses in the sanctuary, damaged perpendicular font and a number of 17th Century carved choir stalls are all still held at the church. The square western tower is most likely dated from the 13th Century with its timber belfry designed in Marches style.

A rebuilding process took place which culminated in 1864-65 that left only the north wall of the chancel remaining from the previous design. During the restoration, new windows in square headed frames were inserted throughout the church and all the windows were replaced in neo-Gothic style.

M. Lloyd Davies, RCAHMW, 02 December 2008

Chofnodion Archifol

Adnoddau Ar-lein