Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, YSTRAD MYNACH

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 409988

Cyfeirnod Map ST19SW

Cyfeirnod Grid ST1438694156

Awdurdod Lleol Caerffili 

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Gelligaer

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The church of the Holy Trinity is located on the west side of the A472, set back from the road at its junction with Cedar Way, in a churchyard used as a cemetery. It was built in Lancet style in 1855-6 to designs of architect John Norton, paid for by the first vicar Rev.George Thomas. It is constructed of snecked Pennant sandstone with some tooled ashlar dressings including quoins, and deep tiled roof with swept eaves.
A large parish church, it consists of nave, chancel, north-west tower, south-west porch and double-gable transepts at north and south, with the chancel projecting only slightly beyond them. The west wall of the nave is unexpectedly deep because of falling ground. The church does not appear to be of a single build, blocked arches between tower and transepts may indicate an intended aisle. Inside, the roofs suggest that the east half of each transept are additions.
The interior is rendered with exposed dressings. The nave roof is panelled and undivided into bays. The chancel sanctuary has a decorative tiled floor. Fittings include a square font on angled shafts and a pulpit of brass openwork on a stone base. Stained glass includes work by Henry Holiday (1888).
Sources:
Extracts from Cadw Listing description.
J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.649-5.

RCAHMW, 2 June 2015

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol