Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

CAERNARFONSHIRE TECHNICAL COLLEGE, FFRIDDOEDD ROAD, BANGOR

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 424427

Cyfeirnod Map SH57SE

Cyfeirnod Grid SH5723771745

Awdurdod Lleol Gwynedd 

Hen Sir Caernarfon

Cymuned Bangor

Math o Safle COLEG

Dosbarth Cyffredinol ADDYSG

Cyfnod 20fed Ganrif

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Caernarfonshire Technical College opened on the 18th September 1957, designed by the county architect H Williams to replace the Bangor Technical Institute (built 1947) on Deiniol Road. The site was expanded in 1969 and a sports hall was added in 1972.

The Ffriddoedd Road frontage consists of a three storey block to the right, with alternating horizontal bands of green opaque glass and clear glazing in a green metal framework delineating each storey. To the left sit the single-storey, barrel-vaulted workshops, the undulating waved roof both providing extra lighting for the workshops below, and echoing the form of the mountains visible in the distance behind. The entrance wing, which sits at 90 degrees to the main block, is furnished with a slate mural depicting the tools of the Technical College.

RCAHMW July 2019

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol