Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST MARGARETS' CHAPEL (SPRITUALIST CHURCH), LOWER THOMAS STREET, THOMASTOWN, MERTHYR TYDFIL

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 11822

Map Reference SO00NE

Grid Reference SO05120621

Unitary (Local) Authority Merthyr Tydfil

Old County Glamorgan

Community Town

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Thomas Street Unitarian Chapel was built in 1821 and rebuilt in 1901. The present chapel, dated 1902, was designed by architect Edwin ArthurJohnson of Abergavenny and built in the Art Nouveau Gothic style. It has 2 storeys, a gable entry plan and perpendicular stained glass windows. This Chapel is now Grade 2 Listed.

RCAHMW, May 2011

Digital Images

Archive Records