Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST MICHAEL'S CHURCH, WREXHAM

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 12542

Map Reference SJ34NW

Grid Reference SJ3308449821

Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham

Old County Denbighshire

Community Offa

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description All Saints' church is located on the north side of Poyser Street in a large churchyard with hall to rear. It was built in 1910-12 to designs of Barnard. It is constructed of red Ruabon brick with red tile roofs, and with Perpendicular tracery. It consists of nave with cross-gabled aisles and clerestory, open timber porch on a brick plinth on the south, chancel, and gabled ?vestry and organ chamber on the north. Originally there was a fleche. A notable feature is stained glass in the east window by Morris, with work by Burne-Jones (1912).
Source:
E.Hubbard, Buildings of Wales: Clwyd (1986), p.303.
Google Street View, May 2015.

RCAHMW, 13 October 2015

Archive Records