Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ALL SAINTS' CHURCH, KILVEY ROAD, SWANSEA

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 13553

Map Reference SS69SE

Grid Reference SS6642594105

Unitary (Local) Authority Swansea

Old County Glamorgan

Community St Thomas

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description All Saints' church is located on the west side of Kilvey Road. Largely paid for by the Grenfell family, the nave was built (with Y-tracery) in 1842-4, chancel and south aisle added in 1858-9 to designs of R.K.Penson.
The church is constructed of coursed, rock-faced sandstone and rubble under slate roofs, and comprises nave, south aisle, three-sided apsidal chancel with gables in all directions (and with Decorated split-cusped tracery), south porch and west bellcote. There is stained glass of various dates but unsigned.
Source: J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.618.

RCAHMW, 22 May 2015

Digital Images

Archive Records