Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, TYLORSTOWN

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 14065

Map Reference ST09NW

Grid Reference ST0098095245

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Tylorstown

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description Holy Trinity church is located on a mound on the west side of East Road. It was built as a simple, cheap church in 1882-3 to designs of architect E.M.Bruce Vaughan of Cardiff. It consists of nave and narrower chancel with three-sided apse, and five-light plate-traceried west window. Stained glass in the window is the work of monks Prinknash Abbey (c.1980). There is a monument to Rev. John Rees (d.1913), a brass plate in a Baroque alabaster surround.

Sources:
churchplansonline.org
J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.640-1.

RCAHMW, 28 January 2015