Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

PILOTS HOUSE, LLANDDWYN ISLAND

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 15795

Map Reference SH36SE

Grid Reference SH3865062575

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Rhosyr

Type of Site TERRACED HOUSING

Broad Class DOMESTIC, MARITIME

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description A row of four vernacular cottages, single storeyed, with two rooms to each house. The houses were built before 1830 for the lighthouse keepers, pilots and lifeboat men; the pilot station was closed in 1943 and the lighthouse went out of use in the 1970s.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 05 July 2010.

Digital Images

Archive Records