Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

RECTORY (THE)

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 16139

Map Reference SO13NW

Grid Reference SO10743554

Unitary (Local) Authority Powys

Old County Brecknockshire

Community Felin-fach

Type of Site HOUSE

Broad Class DOMESTIC

Period 18th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Earlier C18 former rectory, recorded in 1717, altered in 1868. Marked on 1842 Tithe map as occupied by the Rev Charles Vaughan with 31 acres (12.6 hectares). The 1868 plans show the enlargement of the rear wing, previously the back-kitchen, the addition of a bay window to the former kitchen to the front right, to match one already existing on the left, the moving of the two inner ground floor windows and some interior remodelling. The interior then had drawing room to W, dining-room to E, library to centre front and stairs to rear, kitchen in the rear wing. The plans were by John Cullin of Talgarth, for the Rev Walpole Harris, and the cost was £239/10/1d (£239.50). The house ceased to be a rectory in 1952.

Source: Cadw Listing Database. ALH 20/11/2012

Archive Records

Associated Sites