Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

FARMBUILDINGS ASSOCIATED WITH BRYN-GLORIAN-MAWR (NOW PLAS GLORIAN)

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 16744

Map Reference SH77NE

Grid Reference SH7761876495

Unitary (Local) Authority Conwy

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Conwy

Type of Site FARM BUILDING

Broad Class AGRICULTURE AND SUBSISTENCE

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Farmbuildings south of Bryn-glorian-mawr (NPRN 31339). These now appear to have been converted to domestic use under the name 'Plas Glorian'.
The ranges set about the south-west and north-east sides of the farm yard are thought to be eighteenth century, one having a plaque of '1750'. All have stone rubble walls and slate gabled roofs. On the south-west side is a cow shed and cart shed. The range is lofted with a granary over the cow shed. At the centre of the north-east range is a cross gabled barn, with single storey ranges to either side. A range on the east side of the yard appears to have included pig styes.

Source: CADW Listed Buildings Database (3314)

John Wiles 01.06.07

Archive Records

Associated Sites