Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

OLD RECTORY;HEN PERSONDY

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 20536

Map Reference ST18NE

Grid Reference ST17208927

Unitary (Local) Authority Caerphilly

Old County Monmouthshire

Community Bedwas

Type of Site RECTORY

Broad Class DOMESTIC

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The character of plan-form and internal timber features of this building are of sub-medieval regional form and suggest an original date of the mid/late sixteenth century. It is shown at its present size on the 1841 Tithe Map and was then known as "Rectory House", owned by the Lord Bishop of Llandaff and occupied by the Revd Watkin Watkins. There is a tall two-storey two-window rendered Georgian facade to the sub-medieval house with a lower two-storey range to the right. It has pitched slate roofs with rendered end stacks and modern uPVC windows to symmetrical openings. There is a wide catslide roof to the rear of the main building.

This is a fine regional example of a rectory house which, notwithstanding modern windows, retains much of its historic character.

Source:- cadw listed buildings , NJR 10/03/2010

Archive Records