You have no advanced search rows. Add one by clicking the '+ Add Row' button

Charity School;church House, Llanrhos

Loading Map
NPRN26270
Map ReferenceSH78SE
Grid ReferenceSH7928880217
Unitary (Local) AuthorityConwy
Old CountyCaernarfonshire
CommunityConwy
Type Of SiteSCHOOL
PeriodPost Medieval
Description
School opened in 1822. No longer labelled as such on OS County series 4th edition (Caernarvon. V.5 1937).
A lightly Gothic building consisting of a single storey central range with two storey cross ranges at either end. It has stone rubble walls and slate roofs. The building faces east across a forecourt towards the public road. To the rear were ancillary buildings and a service yard, now removed.
The central range has a gabled roof framed by end chimney stacks. On the east side two square-headed sash windows flank a central pointed window. This lies under a cross gable surmounded by a gabled bellcote. The flanking ranges have hipped roofs. Their eastern facades each have a crenelated porch with a pointed arch and a small square-headed window above.

Associated with: Forecourt and grounds (NPRN 26271)

Source: CADW Listed Buildings Database (5779)

John Wiles 24.04.07