Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST TRILLO'S CHAPEL;CAPEL TRILLO, RHOS ON SEA

Site Details



NPRN 303160

Map Reference SH88SW

Grid Reference SH84138113

Unitary (Local) Authority Conwy

Old County Denbighshire

Community Rhos-on-sea

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval, Medieval

Site Description 1. Present building is not much earlier than the start of the sixteenth century. Though the chapel may well be built upon a much older foundation.

(Source OS495 card;SH88SW7)
M.Edwards 13 Dec 2001

2. Tiny single storey, chapel known as St Trillo's Cell measuring 15ft by 9ft. Probably built by the monks of Aberconwy Abbey. Restored and re-consecrated by Bishop Havard in 1935.

DE/Ecclesiastical/SH88SW
CHN 07/06/04

3. WALLPAINTINGS
"sacred subjects"
"Paintings of sacred subjects" (Keyser), now gone. DJR '72
Source: RCAHMW Wallpaintings database. 2004.09.09/RCAHMW/SLE

Digital Images

Archive Records