Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

WYNNSTAY CHAPEL, WYNNSTAY HALL (FORMER ORANGERY)

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 3056

Map Reference SJ34SW

Grid Reference SJ30994265

Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham

Old County Denbighshire

Community Ruabon

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description 1. Stone-built,ashlar, Italianate Renaissance style private chapel with nave and arcade to aisle. Converted from garden building by Benjamin Ferrey in ca 1876. Nave and aisle have coved ceilings with moulded plaster ribs and painted design. Furnished by Oak panelled dado and a pedimented Corinthian aedicule is used as a reredos. Williams-Wynn arms with 1877 date over doorways to vestry.
2. Formerly orangery, chapel having previously been housed in Dairy (Nprn301423): arrangement depicted on OS County series (Denbigh. XXXV.15 1873).
Associated with:
Wynnstay Park gardens (Nprn86654)
Wynnnstay Park House (Nprn35613).
J.Wiles 29.07.04

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites