You have no advanced search rows. Add one by clicking the '+ Add Row' button

St David's Church, Garthbrengy

Loading Map
NPRN308471
Map ReferenceSO03SW
Grid ReferenceSO0456033510
Unitary (Local) AuthorityPowys
Old CountyBrecknockshire
CommunityHonddu Isaf
Type Of SiteCHURCH
PeriodMedieval
Description
Medieval in origin (stoup possibly C12), with Perpendicular period arcade. C17 tower. Restored in 1834 by William Jones and again in 1874 and 1901. Former N aisle was demolished during mid-C19 and its windows re-used, leaving arcade visible from inside church. Octagonal piers and 4-centred arches. C19 roofs and fittings. Octagonal font (C15?). Four-lobed stoup (C12?) - RAJ, 1/7/2003.
Resources
DownloadTypeSourceDescription
application/pdfAWP - Archaeology Wales Project ArchivesPlan showing trench locations, from an archaeological evaluation at Former Church of St David, Garthbrengy, Powys, carried out by Archaeology Wales 2014, project number 2262
application/vnd.ms-excelAWP - Archaeology Wales Project ArchivesProject archive metadata from an archaeological evaluation at Former Church of St David, Garthbrengy, Powys, carried out by Archaeology Wales 2014, project number 2262
application/pdfAWP - Archaeology Wales Project ArchivesArchaeology Wales report no 1267 "Former Church of St David, Garthbrengy, Powys. Archaeological Evaluation" produced by Dr Amelia Pannett, September 2014.