Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CEFN GWREICHION, CLYNNOG FAWR

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 406815

Map Reference SH45SW

Grid Reference SH41825016

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Clynnog

Type of Site FARMHOUSE

Broad Class DOMESTIC

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Cefn Gwreichion is a small single storey two-bay farmhouse built of rubble, with a slate roof between imposed copings, a single rooflight to the front, and gable stacks. It has a central bead-battened door with a narrow overlight set in a gabled porch, and on either side, it has three-light casement windows with small panes. The house has been extended to the right by one bay, pebbledashed, with a similar window. There is a large rear service wing with the kitchen, under a low-pitched asbestos lean-to roof.

It was built probably in the early C19, and was remodelled and improved by the Glynllifon estate (Lord Newborough) in the later C19, when an extra bay was added. It was occupied by a farmer William Jones at the time of the 1849 tithe award when it consisted of a house, offices, yard, garden, with 9 acres (3.64ha) of arable, 2 (0.8ha) of pasture and 3 (1.2ha) of meadowland. An L-shaped range of farm buildings with a raised walk stands apart on the right.

Source:- Cadw listed buildings (NJR 09/10/2007)

Archive Records