Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST CADOC'S CHURCH; ST CATTWG'S CHURCH, PORT EYNON

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 408816

Map Reference SS48NE

Grid Reference SS4668085382

Unitary (Local) Authority Swansea

Old County Glamorgan

Community Port Eynon

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval, Medieval

Site Description St Cadoc's church, Port Eynon, is much-restored, probably built in the C12, and dedicated to St Cattwg. The pulpit in the church is in memory of three lifeboatmen drowned while attempting a rescue on the 1st of January 1916; besides the gateway to the church there is another memorial to these men: a life-sized marble figure standing on a granite base.The west window in the south of the nave (produced by Celtic Studios) also commemorates the RNLI, and shows the calming of the sea and the miraculous draught of fishes.

Reference: Cadw listed building database.

Digital Images

Archive Records

Online Resources