Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

HAFOD ELFYN (FORMER NATURAL ENVIRONMENT RESEARCH COUNCIL OFFICES)

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 410866

Map Reference SH57SE

Grid Reference SH56367076

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Bangor

Type of Site LOCAL GOVERNMENT OFFICE

Broad Class EDUCATION

Period 20th Century

Site Description These offices were designed in the vernacular revival style by S.Colwyn Foulkes, architect of Colwyn Bay and constructed in 1959.They were built for the Nature Conservancy Council in Wales and named after Professor R.Elfyn Hughes (1915-2007), who was its first and only director. It is a single storey 'L'-shaped building with additional accommodation in the roof. There are metal casement windows to the ground floor and small pane sash windows to the attic floor in each gable. NJR 13/05/2010

Archive Records

Online Resources