Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CHURCH OF ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST;ST. JOHN PARISH CENTRE, HIGH STREET

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 411286

Map Reference SN60SE

Grid Reference SN69390134

Unitary (Local) Authority Swansea

Old County Glamorgan

Community Clydach

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description Now a hall, this Anglican parish church was built in 1847 to the designs of William Whittington of Neath, County Surveyor, largely at the expense of the Miers family of Ynyspenllwch. It is built from Pennant sandstone in coursed squared rubble with sandstone ashlar and tooled dressings and has a slate roof with coped shouldered gables. It was converted to a parish centre in 1994 when most of the interior fittings were removed apart from the stained glass.

Source:- Cadw listed buildings, NJR 27/07/2010

Archive Records