Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

OUTBUILDING, TY WIAN, LLANFAIRYNGHORNWY

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 414626

Map Reference SH39SW

Grid Reference SH3290091510

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Cylch-y-garn

Type of Site OUTBUILDING

Broad Class AGRICULTURE AND SUBSISTENCE

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Mid C19. Not marked on the Tithe Map of the parish of Llanfairynghornwy, 1841, although the map is poorly annotated, not all the buildings are shown and none of the agricultural buildings are recorded. Therefore it is possibly that the range was omitted from the plan. The farm was owned by Sir Richard Williams Bulkeley, who also owned the extensive neighbouring farm at Caerau. Ty Wian was itself a large farmstead of over 96 acres(38.9 hectares), the farmer Evan Thomas.

Archive Records