Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST PAUL'S CHURCH, GORSEDD

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 418672

Map Reference SJ17NE

Grid Reference SJ1523576612

Unitary (Local) Authority Flintshire

Old County Flintshire

Community Whitford

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description St Paul's Church is located at the main cross-roads in Gorsedd. It was built in 1852-3 in High Gothic style to the design of T.H. Wyatt, along with the vicarage, school and Master's House.
It is constructed of snecked grey stone with sandstone dressings under slate roofs and geometrical tracery on the windows. The plan comprises nave, chancel, and north-west steeple containing porch, and north vestry. The church has a two-stage tower supporting a broach spire.
Interior features include the nave with six-bay arch-braced roof on moulded corbels, the chancel with closely-spaced scissor-braced trusses, and a font with octagonal bowl and a stem of clustered shafts.
(Extract from Cadw Listing database)

RCAHMW, 10 October 2014

Archive Records