Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST DAVID'S CHURCH, CAERNARFON ROAD, GLAN ADDA

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 422706

Map Reference SH57SE

Grid Reference SH5730871320

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Bangor

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description St David's church was designed by architect Sir Arthur Bloomfield in 1888. Built in the style of early English Gothic, the church has three bays, transept and lower 2-bay chancel with lean-to south vestry and tall extension to the north. It has a 4-stage tower which has a crenellated parapet with pinnacles and an inner porch linking it to the church. It has a 3-storey gable ended range, projecting the width of the transept and lancet windows, some linked by continuous hoodmoulds. The church has a large basement containing church rooms.
Source: Cadw listing description.

Archive Records