Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

MYNYDD-BACH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL (TIR DONCYN; CHURCH OF THE REDEEMER), MYNYDD BACH COMMON, TREBOETH,

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 9144

Map Reference SS69NW

Grid Reference SS64879786

Unitary (Local) Authority Swansea

Old County Glamorgan

Community Penderry

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Mynydd-Bach Independent Chapel was first built in 1762 and enlarged in 1797. The chapel was rebuilt in 1865, in the Classical style of the gable-entry type, to the design of architect John Humphreys of Treforest.The front elevation has a hipped porch with corner pilasters and a round windw, which appears to be a later addition to the building. The main facade is divided into three bays by pilasters supporting a broken cornice over which is a giant arch. Within the central bay, over the added porch, is a venetian window with small pane glazing and a small stone plaque inscribed with the name and dates of the chapel phases. To the outer bays are two tiers of falt headed windows, originally with small paned glazing, but with some having replacement upvc windows.

RCAHMW, April 2008.

Digital Images

Archive Records