Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST DAVID'S CHURCH, TALGARREG

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 419650

Map Reference SN45SW

Grid Reference SN4262850969

Unitary (Local) Authority Ceredigion

Old County Cardiganshire

Community Llandysiliogogo

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description St David's Church is situated on the east side of the B4459, on the south side of the village, within a rectilinear churchyard bounded by primary school grounds on its north side. The church was constructed in 1898-1899 as a chapel of ease. It is built of rubble stone with a slate roof. It consists of a simple rectangular building with lean-to porch on the west gable wall, bellcote above, and lancet windows.

Sources include:
Google Street View, June 2011.
T.Lloyd, J.Orbach & R.Scourfield, Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (2006), p.577.

D Leighton & N Vousden, RCAHMW, 16 July 2015

Archive Records