Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TABERNACL (1) CHAPEL (CALVINISTIC METHODIST), CHAPEL SQUARE, ABERDYFI

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 97176

Map Reference SN69NW

Grid Reference SN61429602

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Aberdovey

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Built in 1828 to the design of Rev Richard Humphreys of Dyffryn; gallery added 1855 (BCS database). Like Tabernacl (2) (NPRN: 8621) which was built 1864? on a new site, Tabernacl (1) has stuccoed dripstones, but to flat-headed openings: 3 to first floor on SW., and 2 to first floor on NE., the latter with centre, flat-headed and pilastered doorway. Each gabled elevation with stuccoed quoins and wide blind plaque strip in gable. Converted to secular use from ca. 1864? Plaque presently on NPRN: 8621 reads: "Tabernacl/adeiladwyd ir Methodistiaid Calfinaidd yn y flwyddin 1828". Present status (1999): other (shops & ?residential). O M Jenkins.

Archive Records

Associated Sites