Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset


Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 415289

Map Reference SS98SW

Grid Reference SS9032880176

Unitary (Local) Authority Bridgend

Old County Glamorgan

Community Bridgend

Type of Site STADIUM


Period 20th Century

Site Description Opened on 17 April 1912 with a match between Bridgend RFC and Cardiff RFC, the Brewery Field has played host to a variety of sporting activities including cycling, rugby league and professional football. A grandstand along the western touchline has been present since the ground opened. The modern stand on the eastern touchline was completed more recently and there is covered terracing on the southern side of the ground. The ground remains in use as a rugby and football stadium and was used as a home ground for the Celtic Warriors, one of the five inaugural professional franchises in Welsh rugby, prior to their demise in 2004.

Daryl Leeworthy, RCAHMW, 21 November 2011.

Digital Images

Archive Records