Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

PONTYPRIDD MUSEUM, FORMERLY TABERNACLE WELSH BAPTIST CHAPEL, BERW ROAD; BRIDGE STREET

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 10151

Map Reference ST09SE

Grid Reference ST0738890444

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Pontypridd

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The former Tabernacle Baptist Chapel was built in 1861 to the design of architect E. Roberts, in the Sub-Classical style with a gable-entry plan and two storeys. This chapel was remodelled internally in a porch added in 1910. Tabernacle closed in 1983 and was later converted for use as a Historical and Cultural Centre and is now known as Pontypridd Museum. The building is Grade 2 Listed as a well-preserved town chapel.

RCAHMW, August 2010

Archive Records