Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST MARY'S CHURCH, ANGLE

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 103065

Map Reference SM80SE

Grid Reference SM86620290

Unitary (Local) Authority Pembrokeshire

Old County Pembrokeshire

Community Angle

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval, Medieval

Site Description Angle parish church is medieval in origin; the chancel, nave, north transept and porch all date from the 14th century and the West Tower was built around 1500. Most of the remainder was rebuilt in about 1880. Within the churchyard, is St Anthony's chapel, "the Seaman's Chapel", thought to have been dedicated in 1447 by Edward de Shirburn of Nangle and probably a mortuary chapel (see Nprn308966).
In 1175-76, Giraldus Cambrensis (Gerald of Wales) was Rector of Angle.

RCAHMW, 18 February 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records