Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

FROGMORE STREET BAPTIST CHAPEL, ABERGAVENNY

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 10625

Map Reference SO21SE

Grid Reference SO29711451

Unitary (Local) Authority Monmouthshire

Old County Monmouthshire

Community Abergavenny

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Frogmore Street Baptist Chapel was built in 1807 and rebuilt in 1877 by architect George Morgan of Carmarthen. The present chapel, dated 1877, is built in the Lombardic/Italian style, with a gable-entry plan, flanking towers and a wheel window. Frogmore Street is now Grade 2 Listed for its special architectural interest as a fine example of George Morgan's work.

RCAHMW, September 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records