Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

HERMON WELSH BAPTIST CHURCH (PARTICULAR BAPTIST), HIGH STREET, UPPER FISHGUARD

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 10937

Map Reference SM93NE

Grid Reference SM9567436903

Unitary (Local) Authority Pembrokeshire

Old County Pembrokeshire

Community Fishguard and Goodwick

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Hermon Baptist Chapel was built in 1776 and rebuilt in 1832 to the design of architect Daniel Evans. The present chapel, dated 1832, is built in the Classical style with a gable-entry plan, two storeys and small pane round-headed windows. Hermon is now Grade 2* listed for one of the most architecturally interesting chapel facades of its date in Wales and for the near complete contemporary interior including a fine plasterwork and gallery.

RCAHMW, October 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites