Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

SOAR ENGLISH WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (SALVATION ARMY CITADEL), ALEXANDRA ROAD, ABERYSTWYTH

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 11597

Map Reference SN58SE

Grid Reference SN5841381591

Unitary (Local) Authority Ceredigion

Old County Cardiganshire

Community Aberystwyth

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Soar Methodist Chapel was built in 1844 andr rebuilt in 1863. The present chapel, dated 1863, was designed by architect and builder J. Lumley of Aberystwyth and has modifications made by architect John Pollard Seddon 1887.The chapel is built in the Simple Round Headed style with a gable entry plan. This chapel closed in 1870 and was taken over by the Salvation Army in 1918. The building is now Grade 2 Listed.

RCAHMW, February 2011

Digital Images

Archive Records