Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

PEN-RHIW UNITARIAN CHAPEL, WELSH FOLK MUSEUM, CASTLE HILL, ST FAGANS

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 11776

Map Reference ST17NW

Grid Reference ST1177

Unitary (Local) Authority Cardiff

Old County Glamorgan

Community St Fagans

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Pen-Rhiw Unitarian Chapel was built in [or converted] in 1777 and moved to the Welsh Folk Museum in 1956. This chapel is built in the Simple Gothic style with two storeys, a long-wall entry plan and a gallery on three sides. The chapel has whitewashed stone rubble walls with a slate gabled roof. Pen-Rhiw is Grade 2 Listed as one of the earliest exhibits of the now National Museum of Wales.

RCAHMW, May 2011

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites