Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TEMPLE OF PEACE AND HEALTH, TECHNICAL COLLEGE, KING EDWARD VII AVENUE, CATHAYS PARK, CARDIFF

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 11820

Map Reference ST17NE

Grid Reference ST1794477148

Unitary (Local) Authority Cardiff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Castle (Cardiff)

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 20th Century, Modern

Site Description The Temple of Peace and Health building was constructed between 1937 and 1946 by architect Sir Percy Thomas of Cardiff, as a memorial to those fallen in the First World War. It is built in Portland stone and the north-east elevation has a high centre block with a portico of unadorned rectangular piers, a plain entablature and modillion cornice. To either side is a six-bay wing under a hipped tile roof with a ridge lower than the parapet of the centre block. There are tall rectangular windows to ground and first floors and shallower windows to the basement. Inside there are marble floors and facings.This building is now Grade 2 Listed.

RCAHMW, May 2011

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites