Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST DAVID'S CHURCH, NEATH ROAD, RESOLVEN,

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 13449

Map Reference SN80SW

Grid Reference SN8255302290

Unitary (Local) Authority Neath, Port Talbot

Old County Glamorgan

Community Resolven

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description St David's church is located on the north side of Neath Road (B4434) between Resolven and Melincourt. The church was built in 1850 in Lancet style. Roughcast rendered under slate roofs, the church comprises nave and narrower chancel, south-east gabled vestry, gabled porch on west gable, and tower/spirelet. A notable feature of the interior is the period-piece reredos of c.1930. Stained glass includes work by Joseph Bell of Bristol (1869), and in the nave nine lancets have been filled with stained glass since 1950.

Sources:
J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.538.
Google Street View images.

RCAHMW, 15 May 2015

Archive Records