You have no advanced search rows. Add one by clicking the '+ Add Row' button

Lon-las Mission Room

Loading Map
NPRN13717
Map ReferenceSS79NW
Grid ReferenceSS7229097623
Unitary (Local) AuthorityNeath Port Talbot
Old CountyGlamorgan
CommunityCoedffranc
Type Of SiteCHURCH
Period20th Century
Description

All Saints church was located on the east side of Woodland Road. It was built in 1904-5 to designs of architect J.Cook Rees of Neath, and comprises a nave and lower chancel. It is built of yellow Morriston brick and yellow terracotta, in a lancet style with classically regular angle quoins.
The church originally opened as Lon-las Mission Room, in 1904-5, and remained so until it was dedicated to All Saints, after 1918 but before 1946, possibly with alterations. The church had closed by 2006 when a planning application was made for its re-use. Current OS mapping suggests the site has been re-developed.
No further information recorded.

J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.573.
Ordnance Survey County Series 25-inch maps: sheet Glamorgan XV.12 (editions of 1899, 1918 & 1940).
http://www.npt.gov.uk/PDF/pa_20061218.pdf

David Leighton, RCAHMW, 20 January 2015