Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST SAMSON'S CHURCH, PENTRE GARDENS, GRANGETOWN,

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 14224

Map Reference ST17NE

Grid Reference ST1785975466

Unitary (Local) Authority Cardiff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Grangetown

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 20th Century

Site Description The church of St Dyfrig and St Sampson is located in Pentre Gardens Grangetown. It dates from 1911, built to designs of F.J. Veall, architect, of Cardiff, but only a small part of what was intended - a section of what would have been the nave - and left unfinished. The dedication was extended in 1969 to commemorate the church of St Dyfrig (NPRN 407414) after its demolition. Inside are several fittings from the latter, the most important being the gesso relief of the Adoration of the Kings.
Sources: http://imagingthebible.llgc.org.uk/site/180; J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.291

David Leighton, RCAHMW, 2 December 2014

Archive Records