You have no advanced search rows. Add one by clicking the '+ Add Row' button

Ffynonau Mansion; Ffynone, Newchapel

Loading Map
NPRN21930
Map ReferenceSN23NW
Grid ReferenceSN2422038600
Unitary (Local) AuthorityPembrokeshire
Old CountyPembrokeshire
CommunityManordeifi
Type Of SiteHOUSE
PeriodPost Medieval
Description

Ffynonau Mansion was built c.1790, and designed by John Nash. It is 2 storey with a Welsh slate roof. Alterations include a Doric Portico built c.1830 and new wings built 1904. The Nash interior is unspoiled. There is an attached stable with clock tower, cupola and weathercock.

The house is square plan of five-bays. The basic window spacings and 12-pane sashes remain. Alterations were made to layout of ground floor interior, but Nash's design survives on the upper floor. There is fine Gothic plaster to the c.1830 entry and a fine cantilvered stone stair. The Edwardian plastered ceilings are in c.1700 style. The building is listed as one of Nash's early works, and one of the finest Edwardian works in Wales.

(Source CADW listed buildings database)
J Hill 22.10.2003

Associated with:
Park/gardens (Nprn265245).
Resources
DownloadTypeSource
application/mswordPHGS - Pembrokeshire Historic Garden Sites Collection