Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST MARY'S CHURCH, NEWPORT

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 232

Map Reference SN03NE

Grid Reference SN05803896

Unitary (Local) Authority Pembrokeshire

Old County Pembrokeshire

Community Newport

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Medieval

Site Description St Mary's Church, Newport, was built in the thirteenth century by William Fitzmartin. It was restored in 1879. A cross-carved stone, Newport 2 (NPRN 304307), now stands in the churchyard to the west of the church, but was removed here from Cnwc-y-Crogwydd (NPRN 32929).

RCAHMW, Febraury 2011

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites