Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CHARITY SCHOOL;CHURCH HOUSE, LLANRHOS

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 26270

Map Reference SH78SE

Grid Reference SH7928880217

Unitary (Local) Authority Conwy

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Conwy

Type of Site SCHOOL

Broad Class EDUCATION

Period Post Medieval

Site Description School opened in 1822. No longer labelled as such on OS County series 4th edition (Caernarvon. V.5 1937).
A lightly Gothic building consisting of a single storey central range with two storey cross ranges at either end. It has stone rubble walls and slate roofs. The building faces east across a forecourt towards the public road. To the rear were ancillary buildings and a service yard, now removed.
The central range has a gabled roof framed by end chimney stacks. On the east side two square-headed sash windows flank a central pointed window. This lies under a cross gable surmounded by a gabled bellcote. The flanking ranges have hipped roofs. Their eastern facades each have a crenelated porch with a pointed arch and a small square-headed window above.

Associated with: Forecourt and grounds (NPRN 26271)

Source: CADW Listed Buildings Database (5779)

John Wiles 24.04.07

Archive Records

Associated Sites