Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

DIAMANT

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 274645

Map Reference SR13SE

Grid Reference SR1965933614

Unitary (Local) Authority Maritime

Old County Maritime

Community Maritime

Type of Site WRECK

Broad Class MARITIME

Period Modern

Site Description Archaeological remains associated with the loss of this vessel are not confirmed as present at this location, but may be in the vicinity.

Event and Historical Information:
The DIAMANT (ex-ALBATROS) was a steel hulled cargo vessel built by Oltmann in Brake in 1887 and registered at St Malo (France). Technical and configuration specifications are given as 324gt, 241nt; 126ft 9in length x 26 5in breadth x 12ft 5in height; single deck; 3 masts. At time of loss the vessel was owned by E H Mignot and captained by master Geslin. On 13 June 1915 the DIAMANT was torpedoed and sunk by German submarine.

Sources include:
Larn and Larn Shipwreck Database 2002
Lloyds Register of British and Foreign Shipping, 1 July 1914 - 30 June 1915, number 95 in D