Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CEFN DU TELEGRAPH STATION; CRAIG-Y-GWYNT, LLANFAIRYNGHORNWY

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 300833

Map Reference SH38NW

Grid Reference SH325898

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Cylch-y-garn

Type of Site SIGNAL STATION

Broad Class COMMUNICATIONS

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Part of the Liverpool and Holyhead Telegraph (nprn 300822).
Built in 1839 to supercede Carreglwyd station (nprn 300832); Originally a T-shaped building but rebuilt as two buildings in 1841. The signal room has been demolished and the house is in use as a private dwelling.
Source: Faster than the Wind: The Liverpool to Holyhead Telegraph; Frank Large; Avid Publications; 1998.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 14 September 2000.

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites