Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

HOLYHEAD TELEGRAPH STATION, HOLYHEAD

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 300834

Map Reference SH28SW

Grid Reference SH2174783407

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Trearddur

Type of Site SIGNAL STATION

Broad Class COMMUNICATIONS

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Holyhead Telegraph Station was part of the Liverpool and Holyhead Telegraph (nprn 300822). It was built for a previous local telegraph in 1810, taken over by the L&H Telegraph in 1827 and rebuilt in 1841. The building is now a ruinous walled complex.

Source: Faster than the Wind: The Liverpool to Holyhead Telegraph; Frank Large; Avid Publications; 1998.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 14 September 2000.

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites