Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

NEWCASTLE EMLYN

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 33072

Map Reference SN34SW

Grid Reference SN3089440724

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community Cenarth

Type of Site TOWN

Broad Class CIVIL

Period General

Site Description Newcastle Emlyn is a medieval and later borough founded at the gates of the castle (NPRN 92783). It is a market town situated on the banks of the River Teify in Carmarthenshire. The Castle was built c.1240. The market hall was built by Lord Cawdor in 1892 to replace an earlier market hall. The GW Railway arrived in 1895 and was closed to passengers in 1952, the station building was demolished in 1966.

RCAHMW, 2009.

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites

Online Resources