Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

DOWNING HALL, WHITFORD

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 35791

Map Reference SJ17NE

Grid Reference SJ154785

Unitary (Local) Authority Flintshire

Old County Flintshire

Community Whitford

Type of Site MANSION

Broad Class DOMESTIC

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Downing Hall, Whitford, was built c.1627 and was at one time seat of the Pennants. It was altered by Thomas Pennant in 1766 and by his successors, especially his son David in 1814 when he built a library wing. Demolished in the 1950's following a fire 1922.

(Hubbard, Edwards. 1986. The Buildings of Wales: Clwyd (Denbighshire and Flintshire). Penguin Books.)

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites