Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

LLWYNEGRIN

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 35987

Map Reference SJ26NW

Grid Reference SJ24146510

Unitary (Local) Authority Flintshire

Old County Flintshire

Community Mold

Type of Site HOUSE

Broad Class DOMESTIC

Period 19th Century

Site Description Llwynegrin was built in 1830 by Thomas Jones of Chester for Philip Davies Cooke of Gwysaney as a dowager house in Tudor style. It was originally symmetrical and stuccoed, it has since been extented and the later outer wings are now cement rendered. The original centre block is approximately E-shaped with advanced gabled outer bays and central two-storey gabled ashlar porch with swept roof. There are medium pitched slate roofs with stone ridges. There are diagonal stepped buttresses to the corners. The interior has been adapted for office use.

Reference: Cadw listed buildings database.
RCAHMW, 2009.

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites