You have no advanced search rows. Add one by clicking the '+ Add Row' button

Former Shippons;park Pre-school, Iscoyd Park, Iscoyd

Loading Map
NPRN404558
Map ReferenceSJ54SW
Grid ReferenceSJ5045842059
Unitary (Local) AuthorityWrexham
Old CountyFlintshire
CommunityBronington
Type Of SiteCOW SHED
PeriodPost Medieval
Description
Iscoyd Park was built in the early 18th century and was extended by William Hanmer in 1747. From 1780 it was owned by the Rev Richard Congreve (d 1782) and his descendants, who sold it to Philip Lake Godsal in 1843. The shippons are part of a stock yard created after its purchase by Philip Lake Godsal, and are shown on the 1873 Ordnance Survey. They were converted to other uses in the late 20th century.

Former shippons forming an L-shaped block enclosing 2 sides of the stock yard, of brick with slate roofs. At the north-east end is a higher section under a tile roof, now converted, which has a central half-lit door flanked by small-pane iron-frame windows (opening lights have been removed), all under segmental heads. Against its right gable end is a lower cart shed, weatherboarded with a slate roof, and open in the gable end. The shippon range has boarded doors at the ends and right of centre, and 4 windows, 3 of which have replacement 3-light small-pane casements, while the right-hand retains a steel-framed farm window. The left end abuts the former laundry. The return also abuts the laundry, and has a 3-light replacement window at the right end, then a boarded door, 2 doorways in the centre, and a half-lit door further to the left.